School Action Fund
The ÈËÆÞÓÕ»ó is committed to relentlessly increasing the number of students in great schools.ÌýÌýTo this end, the School Action Fund (SAF) aims to increaseÌýthe number of students in great schools by providing customized planning and implementation support to districts committed to bold action to transform low-performing schools and expand access to world-class learning environments for students. The School Action Fund currently supports the following bold school actions:
- Restart a struggling school
- Create a new school
- Reassign students to a higher-performing school
- Redesign a whole school
Currently, SAF supports school districts in all of the state's twenty educational service regions in planning, implementation, and continuation of transformative, bold school actions.Ìý For more information on bold, transformative School Actions and School Model Playbooks, please visit the Center for School Actions .
Regardless of the school action model, school actions have the following core components:Ìý
- Effective School Framework (ESF) alignment
- High Quality Instructional Materials (HQIM) with embedded assessments and diagnostic tools
- Implementation of research based instructional strategies (RBIS)
- Accelerated Instruction
- Additional Days School Year
School Action Fund Resources
The resources below align with the core components of all school actions.