ÈËÆÞÓÕ»ó accredits public schools in Texas at the district level for grades K-12.
ÈËÆÞÓÕ»ó does not have oversight of private schools or vocational schools in Texas. TheÌýÌýand the provide information for private schools. For information related to alternative schooling options, visit the Alternative Schooling page.
The district accreditation statuses are listed at the links below:
- Accreditation Status Matrix
- â€‹â€‹2021-2022 Accreditation Statuses Ìý(will not be issued - see related correspondence below)
- 2020-2021 Accreditation Statuses Ìý(will not be issued - see related correspondence below)Ìý
- 2012-2013 Accreditation Statuses Ìý(will not be issued)Ìý
During the 79th Texas Legislature, Third Called Session, 2006, House Bill 1 (HB 1) was passed, which amended the Texas Education Code (TEC), Chapter 39, Public School System Accountability. The HB 1 changes addressed, in part, the accreditation of school districts; sanctions and interventions for school districts, charter schools, and campuses; and the review by the State Office of Administrative Hearings of certain sanctions. As a result,ÌýÈËÆÞÓÕ»ó was required to adopt rules to implement the changes addressed.
See these commissioner's rules related to accreditation at Texas Administrative Codeâ€”Currently in Effect. 19 TAC Chapter 97, Planning and Accountability, Subchapter EE, Accreditation Status, Standards, and Sanctions defines the accreditation statuses of Accredited, Accredited-Warned, Accredited-Probation, and Not Accredited-Revoked and states how accreditation statuses will be determined and assigned to school districts. The rules also establish accreditation standards and sanctions, including definitions, purpose, and oversight appointments.
Note: An accreditation status may be withheld pending final data necessary for the completion of a status assignment.
Authority and Background
Below are links to background information on accreditation statuses:
ÈËÆÞÓÕ»ó Required Notification Language
Use the following templates when writing the notification correspondence:
- District Accredited-Warned (Word) (30°µþ)Ìý´¥ÌýDistrict Accredited-Warned (PDF) (27KB)
- District Accredited-Probation (Word) (31KB) |ÌýDistrict Accredited-Probation (PDF)Ìý(28°µþ)
- District Not Accredited-Revoked (Word) (32KB) |ÌýDistrict Not Accredited-Revoked (PDF) (18KB)
- Charter District Accredited-Warned (Word) (31KB) |ÌýCharter District Accredited-Warned (PDF)Ìý(28°µþ)
- Charter District Accredited-Probation (Word) (31KB) |ÌýCharter District Accredited-Probation (PDF)Ìý(28°µþ)
- Charter District Not Accredited-Revoked (Word) (33 KB) |ÌýCharter District Not Accredited-Revoked (PDF) (18KB)
Correspondence from the commissioner of education related to the assignment of accreditation statuses are:
- 2022-2023 To the Administrator Addressed Correspondence (1/26/23)
- 2021-2022 To the Administrator Addressed Correspondence (1/20/22)
- 2020-2021 To the Administrator Addressed Correspondence (3/4/21)
- 2019-2020 Assignment of District Accreditation Statuses
- 2018-2019 Assignment of District Accreditation Statuses
- 2017-2018 Assignment of District Accreditation Statuses